Media to share our work with a broader audience, including data vizualization apps, writings, presentations, and interviews.
Data and Visualization
ShinyProt (2018): visualization of Synechocystis proteome data. Genes/proteins can be selected using a tree menu. Different quantification metrics can be displayed such as relative fold change, protein mass fraction, and estimated concentrations in the cell. See also publication.
- Cyanobacteria Biotechnology, Wiley 2021. Edited by Paul Hudson. Contains 17 chapters on both fundamental and biotechnology applications of cyanobacteria from expert academics aroudnd the world. Also on Amazon.
- Can solar energy fuel the world? There is also an Unabridged version. Hudson EP, Uhlen, M. (2016) in Environmental Reality: Rethinking the Options – His Majesty King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden’s 12th Royal Colloquium. A chapter on the prospect of solar fuels, and how bacteria fit in.
- Three pillars of synthetic biology. Slides from a presentation by Paul Hudson, hosted by Stockholms iGEM team (PDF, 2019).
- Så kan solbränsle ersätta fossil energi. Article in magazine Forskning och Framsteg (2020). Highlights our work (Swedish).
- Bränsle från gröna cellfabriker. Article by Ph.D. student Jan Karlsen printed in Skärgårdsredaren (2017 Nr 4, Swedish).
- Framtidens Energi (”Energy of the Future”; subtitled in English). Contains an interview with Paul Hudson. This was Episode 8 in the video series Jakten på Kraften produced by Vattenfall, a Swedish energy provider (2019).
- Genome Editing to Feed, Fuel, and Cure. A symposium hosted by the Swedish Academy of Engineering Science (IVA) in Stockholm. Keynote speaker was Emmanuelle Charpentier. Paul Hudson presenting on genome editing of cyanobacteria for biofuels (2018).
- The use of CRISPRi for fundamental and applied biology in cyanobacteria. A recorded video presentation by Paul Hudson (19 min, 2020). There is also the 2 minute version!