Media to share our work with a broader audience, including data vizualization apps, writings, presentations, and interviews.
Data and Visualization
ShinyProt Visualization of proteomics datasets from Michael Jahn. In this web app, proteins from Synechocystis or C. necator can be selected using a tree menu. Then, different quantification metrics for that protein are displayed such as relative fold change, protein mass fraction, and estimated concentrations in the cell, for different growth rates and substrates. For Synechocystis, see also related publication Jahn et al., 2018 Cell Reports. For Cupriavidus necator, see also releated publication. Jahn et al., 2021 eLife.
ShinyLib: visualization of gene fitness of Synechocystis and Cupriavidus in different growth conditions from Michael Jahn. Genes can be selected using a tree menu and mutant growth in different growth conditions is shown. For Synechocystis, see also related publication on the CRISPRi library Yao et al., 2020 Nature Comms. For Cupriavidus necator, see also releated publication on the barcoded transposon insertion library. Jahn et al., 2021 eLife.
- Framtidens Forskning excerpt 2022 "Vill omvandla koldioxid till livsmedelsingredienser (Swedish)". An excerpt about our research on producing food ingredients from CO2, published in "Framtidens Forskning," an advert in national newspaper Dagens Industri.
- Cyanobacteria Biotechnology, Wiley 2021. Edited by Paul Hudson. Contains 17 chapters on both fundamental and biotechnology applications of cyanobacteria from expert academics aroudnd the world. Also on Amazon.
- Can solar energy fuel the world? There is also an Unabridged version. Hudson EP, Uhlen, M. (2016) in Environmental Reality: Rethinking the Options – His Majesty King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden’s 12th Royal Colloquium. A chapter on the prospect of solar fuels, and how bacteria fit in.
- Three pillars of synthetic biology. Slides from a presentation by Paul Hudson, hosted by Stockholms iGEM team (PDF, 2019).
- Så kan solbränsle ersätta fossil energi. Article in magazine Forskning och Framsteg (2020). Highlights our work (Swedish).
- Bränsle från gröna cellfabriker. Article by Ph.D. student Jan Karlsen printed in Skärgårdsredaren (2017 Nr 4, Swedish).
- Framtidens Energi (”Energy of the Future”; subtitled in English). Contains an interview with Paul Hudson. This was Episode 8 in the video series Jakten på Kraften produced by Vattenfall, a Swedish energy provider (2019).
- Genome Editing to Feed, Fuel, and Cure. A symposium hosted by the Swedish Academy of Engineering Science (IVA) in Stockholm. Keynote speaker was Emmanuelle Charpentier. Paul Hudson presenting on genome editing of cyanobacteria for biofuels (2018).
- The use of CRISPRi for fundamental and applied biology in cyanobacteria. A recorded video presentation by Paul Hudson (19 min, 2020). There is also the 2 minute version!